Phillip A. Baumann Attorney
Phillip A. Baumann is the principal in the law firm of BaumannKangas Estate Law. Mr. Baumann, one of the first Florida attorneys to be board certified as a specialist in the field of Wills, Trusts and Estates, is Past-Chair of the Florida Bar Elder Law Section. He has practiced estate, trust and elder law from his Tampa and Sun City Center offices for over 30 years.
Phil is also:
- Past President of the Tampa Bay Estate Planning Council;
- Past Chair of the Florida Bar Trust Law Committee;
- Member of the Executive Council of the Florida Bar Real Property, Probate, and Trust Law Section;
- Probate and Trust Law Section;
- Member of the Probate Law Committee and Past Member of the Probate Rules Committee of that Section;
- Fellow American College of Trust and Estate Counsel
He has spoken and written on estate, trust, and elder law matters for:
- The American Bar Association;
- The Bar Association of the City of New York;
- The Florida Bar;
- The West Pasco Bar Association;
- The Tampa Bay Estate Planning Council;
- Pinellas County Estate Planning Council;
- The Estate Planning Council of Northwest Florida
- The National Business Institute.
In 2007, “Florida Trend Magazine” named Mr. Baumann one of Florida’s Legal Elite, as elected by other Florida lawyers. Mr. Baumann has also had the Martindale Hubble Legal Directory’s highest rating of AV for many years. That rating is also conferred after surveying other Florida lawyers.
Mr. Baumann is married to Nancy S. Baumann, who operates a title insurance business serving the St. Petersburg and Tampa areas. They have three grown children, one grandson and two granddaughters.
Mr. Baumann was recently awarded 2014 Florida Super Lawyers (Super Lawyers).